Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Nous



So it's 2008. Dan Mains has been saying it for a while, and it's worth repeating: Sex can wait--2008! Still reluctant to consume the vagina-thing, I can't say that I blame him. They're trouble.

I was kind of wanting to do a best of 2007 thing, but stuff that isn't so over-covered. I haven't been on my game with posting, obviously, so it's no surprise that it hasn't happened. But this is what I've been up to:

I've been slinging 'spro in downtown Phoenis at Royal Coffeebar, I'm reading a lot of the books, I'm super painfully poor, and I'm about to have my first art show, ever, in this the month of January. First Friday opening and all. If you're in town, you should hit me up. It's just a selection of my polaroids that isn't that exciting, but there are probably well over 350 hanging, and if nothing else, I think it might be a decent way to kill a few hours. Most of the six of you reading this are featured, and there are a few other non-readers that have been exposed.

LA Ink is totally killing me. I downloaded the entire first season last week and it's all I can do to keep myself from being glued to watching it 24/7. The worst part, prolly, is that I'd just kind of gotten over the wanting-to-get-tattooed bug. Now it's worse than ever.

I miss you all, my darlings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith said...

LA Ink? Seriously? Man, I thought you would be more of a Miami Ink or London Ink kind of dude, especially as LA seems more.... "hey, we have famous people being tattooed" crap. Wow, that was totally surprising. I'm a London fan, personally -- love the camera work and the ink.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Adrian Martinez said...

i was just telling Sarah about your "more weight" tattoo the other night.

i am still tattooless but have not ruled it out. it has to be perfect though.

dude i wish i could be there for your show, that is way exciting. ill just have to wait till it swings by MoMA or the Getty or something like that.

whats the all important title to your show?

mine was "FREE MONEY" ... the advertising worked like a charm.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home