Wednesday, July 12, 2006

shampoo you


It's colder than an Arizona winter up in this place. I'm wearing a sweater and wool socks and drinking hot coco just to stay warm. We've been camping for the last five days and that was pretty lame. It wasn't the good sort of camping in the wilderness where things smell like camping, it was the kind where the whole campsite is sooty powder and all your clothes get that crap ground in and ruined. I felt like one of those thirteen year old kids who get pissed at their folks and throw in the ipod earbuds to tune them out, because that's exactly what I did when Penny would try talking to me. It was famping--fake camping. And, obviously, the pit toilets were about forty feet away from our little spot and the wind blew... yeah, the wind blew.
Now that we're back in the real world, though, things are looking really nice. The three of us went to Portland yesterday and spent the day with Lindsey's brother Drew. We made breakfast and had a little dance party in his new apartment with his girlfriend, Liz, who is really cool. Tonight we're going to see Drew's band play at some little venue in downtown Portland, and that should be a lot of fun. I've never seen them live, and while I've heard their cds and known them for a while, it's always interesting to see how people play music. I'll give a review and maybe a picture.
Also, I got a rejection letter from a literary journal, Shampoo, today. It was one of the encouraging ones, which is nice, but the encouraging rejections are never as good as the ones that say yes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I hate camping, even the real kind...I don't really know why. Nothing about camping really sounds appealing to me. But hey, whatever. It sounds like you are having an awesome time man, well the whole going into Portland part and all. Enjoy it man. I want to make it out there someday.

<3

9:23 AM  
Blogger matt said...

adam hates camping cause he's 65% gyne... and its hard to let the lotion sink in when bugs want to eat you alive..hahahaha...

"i gotta have time to let the lotion sink in!" hahahaha
good ol kil-day...

12:44 PM  
Blogger Joseph Mains said...

nice matt

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home