Wednesday, August 09, 2006

don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk


So I went down to Tucson, again, today to interview for a job teaching at the University. It's outside of the English department, which is nice because if I get it, I'll end up with some extra funding. The job would just be teaching a few sections of this class called "eroticism and love in medieval europe," which I think sounds pretty cool. It's some gen-ed class that every freshman has to take or whatever. I don't really know too much about medieval europe, but according to my potential boss, I don't have to. On top of that, he says I'm actually qualified to do it--I don't know if that's good or bad.
We're moving down Monday, and we can't wait. Couch surfing can be different and fun, but enough is enough! We're going to hit my pops up in Flagger tomorrow, then we'll be back in Tempe Sunday, then down down on Monday.
O. is getting really big. Man, it blows my mind to hear her talk to me. This morning the three of us went for coffee and she goes up to this chick about our age with designer sunglasses and all that, touches her on the knee, looks up to her and is just like, "hellloooo. I get juice with Mommy and Daddy," and I just walking in the door, just waking up, and it's like, holy crap--my kid is having a real, honest-to-goodness conversation with a random grown up. Crazy.
My brother Dan always says, "It's better to have hope in the soul, than soap in the hole."

5 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

so awesome. i wish i was there to see it.
soap in the whole is no good...nooo good.

6:35 AM  
Blogger matt said...

makes me exited..your daughter is freakin cute dude..you need to get her into like a gap ad or something...baby gap or some shiznitles...

as far as soap in the hole..it's really not a problem..you just need to use aveeno body soap ... you dont have to rinse it as well as the other stuff cause it moisturizes..and we all love a moist hole...mmmm...

10:08 AM  
Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

freakin' crosseyed is the cutest I know, for now at least.
Who knows, maybe mine will be the un-cute. I will probably still say she is cute, though (taboo and all, or just being a good parent). Either way, it's pretty rad to think she'll be here any day now.
Love,
-23 pages and counting

3:28 PM  
Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

Freakin Cross-eyed is still the cutest I know, for now at least. Who knows, Baby-Girl Chapman might be the un-cute. I'll probably still say she's cute, though. I think it might be against the rules to think your kid isn't cute. If so, oh well.
Love,
T-Minus 23 pages and Counting
Post Script: Ulysses put soap in my hole.

3:34 PM  
Blogger matt said...

ive gotta few months (like6) until my kid gets craped out..but i hope we have a cute kid..it would really suck if my kid was ugly..cause i wouldnt candy coat it.."hey, this is my baby and my wife..isnt this the ugliest kid you've seen in a while?.."

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home