Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The countdown...


59 hours until I'm on a flight back to Arizona. I think if I don't die in Arizona or New England I'll be pissed. I know I haven't spent enough time in the northeast to justify a death there, but it's a pretty poetic place to die, I think. Matt, I took a good shot of my BJ beard, but it's not on the 'puter yet... soon you'll see all my patchy glory. I shouldn't even show you, you've probably got the best facial hair of anyone I know.
This is a retro-thought, but Lindsey and I saw Drew's band play on July 12th or something in Portland, and it was really, really good. I've been killing folks for their alt-country and americanaesque sounds lately; and while http://www.blitzentrapper.net/ isn't exactly cowboy boots booze'n tattoos, they'd do justice to any twin-reverb you'd throw their way. It was not really anything genre-specific, but it fell well within the "crap I listen to" category for me. And it's refreshing to see a band in a smaller venue who is actually good at being a band.
Lindsey and I have been having a lot of fun with eachother the past week. I'd say that we tend toward fun anyway, but we've really been killing eachother lately. As much as I like to think that I'd be a great recluse, I know that the sentiment is some Waldenesque nostalgia boiling over from sillyland. I probably wouldn't care about life like I do if she wasn't around.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

When I read this post, to be honest...I was a bit jealous. I am living my summer somewhat through you. I think it would be better if you died in New England, but maybe that is me just being selfish.
Keep having fun man, don't stop...ever.

10:28 AM  
Blogger matt said...

well, i'd like to say thanks first off for the beard comment, im gonna post some pics soon of my new crop. second i'd like to say, how bout joe..how bout you just dont die..for years and years to come. that sounds like the best idea to me...

12:52 PM  
Blogger Joseph Mains said...

thanks my brothas from different mothas!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home