Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pima, the place where all the cotton comes from.


So, we're all moved in, mostly. Our house is pretty small, but--and I know this betrays my fatherhood and marriage status--cute. It's rained every day we've been here, even when we've just been visiting. I've been drinking my coffee at Epic Cafe--they have toddy as their iced coffee, and the girls who work there are so ugly that they're practically hot. They're not actually hot--but they're so, so ugly that you keep looking back, thinking, Man, I must have missed something 'cos that girl is really hip, has better-than-average tattoos, awesome hair, and cool glasses--let me take another look... Nope, she's ugly as sin. Lindsey and I were in there this morning, and she said the exact same thing: "I keep looking at that barista over there, just thinking that the next time I do she'll be really beautiful, but every time I look, she's just ugly." I'll try and get a picture up here soon to show all three of you.

I have had two job interviews this week. The job I wanted lost its funding, therefore I didn't get it, which obviously sucks. The second interview went very, very well, but ended up being a glorified secretary job at this literary press. Finally, though--this afternoon hope cracked through with a bitty glisten. It appears that I may have a job teaching English at Pima Community College. It sounds cooler than it will probably be, but I'd be excited about it, and it would be just the type of experience I will kill for in two years when I'm trying to teach at some big silly university.

Matt, enjoy your brother, because there's no chance you'll enjoy Yuma.

Adam, I expect a free Abercrombie hoods-up next time I'm out for a visit.

Paul, are you a father?

Brian, keep a look out for my high school swimming buddy Wiley Wallace at UCSB. He's there for his MFA starting this fall.

I'm lucky if all four of these dudes read this blog, but if anyone else is out there wanting a personalized message, well, as Matt says, You gotta stop lurkin.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

so ugly, could be hot? I need a picture. Abercrombie is good man. Thanks so much for your email, it meant a lot. I am not sure where the whole thing is going, but Abercrombie is really my favorite store right now. Its such a suburban thing, and when you live in Brooklyn it seems so un-attainable, but the stark contrast just makes it that much more intriguing. What can I say? Off to Massachusetts for the weekend...wedding. Could be good. Love you man.

9:01 PM  
Blogger matt said...

i dont mind yuma, i mean..its boring as all she-ite..but.. you get to see alot of military helicopters flieing in formation overhead..you gotta love that...it feels so.....i dont know... scary/nice... push those together and make a word.
dude, i went to PCC .. i loved it... the campus's are really big..and theres like 6 of them that are about the size of MCC..i wish i lived closer cause i'd still go there in a heart beat...but..MCC gots wut i needs...i need to find a good biology school in az..and i think uofa is one...asu is not..so..well..we'll figure it when the time comes..for now..its animal nursing/health. gotta love it.. i gotta funny story but..i'll make an entry on my blog..and stop killing things..unless it's a spider..specially in tucson, theres some duzies down there..
kiss the barista for me...ugly chics usually do it good...if ya know what i mean ... ;)-

9:38 PM  
Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:24 PM  
Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

Not yet. But we are ready. The dark princess is long over due, but is still creaping up on her due date of the 23-if you understand me. I miss you guys.
Love,
Paul

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home