Monday, October 16, 2006

How can I love you if you don't lay down?


I spent the majority of the weekend in Flagstaff with my brother, Daniel, and it was pretty nice. We stopped by my dad's place the first day, shot the crap, walked the woods, then his new wife Phyllis (Phyl for short) fried up some squirrels for dinner. Dan tried to steal the two boca burgers I had on my plate, but that silly idea was roundly squished with no hesitation. I spent the rest of the weekend talking with Matt about philosophy. It was very interesting and challenging, but not very uplifting at all. We've actually been dreading some of the same problems, but from different approaches, and it was wierd to see where we diverged. Suprisingly enough, the past two weeks have been the first time that I've ever really been taking my own, original, philosophical notes in a journal. I'm pretty positive they're worthless, but it's nice to pretend, I guess.

In other news, the literary journal Blood Orange Review has taken one of my poems for publication. It's an online journal, so I'll link that crap up when the time comes. It's a small journal, but this early in the game it's almost impossible to get out of the slushpile, and having more publication credits will help that in the future. This is a start. Spellcheck isn't working, hmmm.

2 Comments:

Blogger matt said...

mmm philosophy, thats right up there with theology in the "lets talk for hours and end up where we started" topics.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

congrats on getting published man. so rad!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home