Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Who's Afraid of Elizabeth Taylor?


The wife and kid are rocking the Phx today and tomorrow, and I'd like to think that translates into sleeping in, being able to work quietly at home, et al, but in reality it only means that I won't feel bad for being gone all day doing crap. It's only been an hour or two and I'm already 116 pages into a book that I'm presenting on tomorrow that I should have finished a week ago. Now, this is more to fulfill some stupid fantasy than for a real practical purpose, but I'm half-seriously considering spending the night in the library with a thermos of coffee, a laptop, and maybe--just to make it even more poetic and grad. school--some booze in the coffee or something. Yes, that would be all the college I can be.

I hope to get my arm finished on November 4. If that happens I'll post pictures after it heals. I'm ready for it to be finished. I can see The End of The Semester Light at the end of the tunnel. The fam. will be hitting the Oregon Trail to visit while I have finals week. This will be excellent--I'll get all my crap done without distraction and won't have to feel bad about the Laugherys being skipped over this holiday season. Jeez. Everything's just so easy in the abstract!

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

all inked up. i like it.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW DO YOU READ THAT FAST?!?!? Sweet goodness i wish i could do that. i remember when i lent you that book with the almost useless facts and you gave it back the next day cause thats all you needed, you finished it. Great googaly moogaly. Have you read Johnathan Safran Foer's EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE? i read terribly slow, but i read that book faster than i ever thought i could. it is sweet and hilarious and it made me almost cry twice.

8:03 PM  
Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

Hey man,
Hope being all the college you can be went as good as it could. Brian Christopher Lovato and wife Kalee are coming to visit today through the weekend, I think.
"...with grapefruit juice and coffee by the bounty."

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home