Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The budding bard


Man, my number one goal for the Baby Jesus Birthday Break is to take a crazy daytrip to the best espresso machine in Arizona. And when I step up and in to the Flat Iron Cafe in Jerome, I'll slap down a 20 spot, order an espresso, and say, "Keep 'um coming, man." If I go, I'll take the 89 the back way, through Prescott and up and over the mountain to the other side, descending into Jerome. The first time I drove to Jerome without my dad (i.e. the first time I really remember Jerome) was in December, and it was really depressing and awesome. I think I'll listen to the sad shit on the radio (read: Starflyer 59, the gold album), and make the drive silently and alone. That's when all the slop comes back from the years...

2 Comments:

Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

sloppy joe.
Love you man.

6:21 AM  
Blogger matt said...

avatar is no longer in jerome anymore..long story short..rick opened a HUGE shop in Cottonwood (old town)..he got humped in the butt by his old staff who behind his back reopened the old shop under a new name..which in turn F@**ed rick in the booty..that shop is jerome tattoo co. in the same spot..cool name actually problem is the whole shop is run by apprentices who never completed their training...stupid..and they suck hard.. go into old town cottonwood when you're up there...its nice and theres this pizza place that rocks you socks called Nicks...
the wife and i are actually going up for a day trip this saturday (dec.9) to pick up a crib..fun fun..you should come up with O and L cause rick and brookes little girl is the same age as O

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home