Monday, November 27, 2006

Mates of State


Saw 'um last night. It was only a few songs--I got tied up and was late to the show--but those few songs had value. I don't own any of their records because I'm not The Gay, but I've seen them live more than twice, and each time I love it. I hate to sound so old, but they totally rock and roll when they play live, and since their sound is reasonably thin--I mean, only two people bangin' on things at a time--it makes the rock factor even more fun for me. And they both really belt out their words, which I'm a sucker for. The next show I'm excited to see might be Some Girls. Don't have any of their stuff either, but their "ex-members of" credit are more than worth the cost of admission.
Here's a picture of my clavicle. Eventually it may be just a little more fancy, but I'm going to give it some time before I decide for sure. With the way I've been going, though, "some time" pretty much means "once this heals, I've already scheduled an appointment." Not the best picture, but it says, "Grace grows in winter," which is from Strongarm's second album, Advent of A Miracle. This was probably the best sitting I've ever had with Jason, and I think it came out really, really nicely.
Thanksgiving was a holiday I went to this past week. It's over now.
Onnavah turns two tomorrow. She thinks she's pretty cool for it. She's got me convinced.
Go for it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrian Martinez said...

Happy Birthday Onnavah!

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa Dude, whoa.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

looks awesome man. makes mine look like some pansy shit...aah well.

Happy Birthday Onnavah!

miss you man.

6:18 PM  
Blogger matt said...

yeah man, what he said...

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home