Monday, July 07, 2008

Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore? [Confusion Is Sex]


It's been forever since I've had a proper post on this thing. I think about posting stuff on here fairly often, but mostly that means I'm thinking about you, friends, wishing I were talking to you over a beer at my apartment at Captist or while wrapping up cords in the office of the boy's dorms or, you know, at the bar where it's just loud enough to be able to say any secret to you without telling the whole bar but where you'll hear (tho probably I have to say it twice). All that's to say I miss you, and haven't talked to anyone as much as I wish I had.

I'm done with school. For now. I've only been out right at two months, here, and I'm already ready to go back. I was offered, and took, a job in a snobby part of the Phoenix area at a law firm researching and writing things about corporate immigration stuffs and dressing nicely. I start on the 14th. I'm going to be moving into an apartment in Tempe, near ASU, and right in the middle of the Hipster Olympic Village. It's not like other Hipster Olympic Villages in other, hipper, towns. Here it's more like the Village where it's been the hipster place forever, but now it mostly just has a hipster hangover. It's the only (only!) place in Phoenix where you can walk to: the grocery store, The Bar, a great library, two bookstores, a crappy library, a great record store, the best coffee bar in (non-Tucson--which is a class of its own) Arizona (sadly, now, including Flagstaff), and, when you need to put on your Thursday night best, Urban Outiftters & American Apparel. I feel kind of happy to have this place. I've felt like I spent the last 18 months virtually homebaseless, and I'll have a home base again.

People, come visit me if you can--starting August 1. If you can't, well, I'll finally have a job where I can come visit you, and will.

xoxo

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I miss you. We will hang for sure. I am gone from July 14th till the 1st and when I return I will need a vacation. Maybe in the desert. I am going to New Zealand, and its going to be snowy! I will tell you more later.

Love

-Adam

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home