Tuesday, November 07, 2006

From the top of the parking garage to the making of The Soup.


I've been spinnin' this new Tom Yorke album a lot the past two days, and I'm stoked about that crap. I kind of hoping that music will keep my mind off life for a few weeks, until I can stop caring or stop being a breathing, sucking piece of crap. So far, so good!
Also, I hit the photography museum here at school today. It was a bunch of b/w portraits of these working poor in the West from like '79-82. Everyone had really haunting eyes in the photos. I felt like some of them were entering my consciousness, peering into my spirit, and I felt a little afraid that they'd tell someone what they saw. Good thing they're all probably dead by now!
Also, last night was beautiful. I had green tea while the sun set and it got a little cold, and I tried to find words to say what I was thinking, but all I could do was laugh. The ripple of the setting light is still bothering me tonight.

6 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I wish I could stay on top of this blog thing like you do. I seriously look forward to checking your site everyday.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Joseph Mains said...

dude, thanks so much. i'm really stoked to see you.

7:31 AM  
Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

I think I know that laugh, poet. Sometimes, the only thing that gets me through the grown-up job is life off the mind-I'm not living...I can't be.
I read your poem, it red my heart.....shit, it slayed my heart. "Behind you the sun just another fruit hanging the trees."
Love you ma'an.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that you and lindsey in the picture?

6:28 PM  
Blogger Joseph Mains said...

No--I wish! The picture is from the Day of the Dead procession this past Sunday night. I was in Phoenis watching Make Believe (and missing one of the things that was most exciting to me about living in Tucson). Lindsey took the photo, though.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on.

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home