Saturday, December 09, 2006

I want the quiet moments of a party girl

The fam is out of town, so I'm living the solo life. I watched my nephew at a gymnastics compition this morning. It was at school, and I got to walk him there, so I pointed out where I work and everything. It was probably pretty boring, but you never know what little dudes will remember when they get older, so I figure you do what you can. I've been riding my bike around a lot, and eating those awesome prepackaged Indian dishes that you just heat up and eat. Well, that and tortillas and fried eggs and tons of peppers.

Over on Lovato's blog he's got this thing. Since I'm a bookslut, I did it, eventhough I don't normall do that sort of thing.
The rules are:
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!

Fortunately for me, I'm in the grad school, too, so I've got a sweet book of poetry literally sitting on my lap right now--I'm trying to memorize a section from it. Book title: Paradise Lost. Author: Milton. Here we go.

O Adam, one Almighty is, from whom
all things proceed, and up to him return,
if not deprav'd from good, created all
such to perfection, one first matter all

6 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Pre-packaged indian dishes? Tell me more. What are they called? I think I might need to get me some of those.

6:18 PM  
Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

bookslut.
I like it.

6:32 AM  
Blogger B. C. Lovato said...

TASTY BITE!!! They're delicious and cheap. You can make 2 meals out of one pack and some rice or bread.
Speaking of riding bikes around, I bought one yesterday. It's sweet.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up sluts, don't have a blog, but I took a crack at kiss the bottle for book sluts, and i got a dandy. It's from Dave Eggers book of short stories, "How We Are Hungry"

We increased average life expectancy to 164, made it illegal to manufacture or wear Cosby sweaters, and made penises better looking - more streamlined, better coloring, less hair. People, you know, were real appreciative about that.

1:30 PM  
Blogger matt said...

i'll post mine on your blog hows that?

First aid kit 133 2623

It's from the 2004 Emergency Response Guidebook for HazMat...pretty lame huh?..even more lame i can tell you what those numbers mean...but..i wont..cause ...its lame..

12:16 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

"But it's really just cheap stuff I pour into the bottle."

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home