Thursday, September 07, 2006

I wish this book had the Mammal Bar in it...


It's been raining all morning, like it would in January or something, where you wake up and you know it's been raining all night, and the thunder is big and outside smells just like you'd expect everything to smell while you're listening to American Football. I can't believe how much it has been raining down here--yesterday I was at the UofA Poetry Center, you know, doing the reading thing in their library, and it was just as bright and sunny as any day when you get backne from the riding of your bicycle. Then, only in Arizona, it started pouring something awful, but it stayed bright and sunny the entire time. I rode home in cutoff dickies, a rainjacket (which I always keep in my bag now) and sunglasses. Sillyness.

Anyway, this week I read a book called Twilight of The Mammoths, about how the Clovis Hunters may have caused catastrophic extinction of the large animals of North America. Man, I actually tried really hard to get into this one, but there were only so many hundreds of pages about fossil poop with Juniper berries in it that I was willing to take with a happy heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

thunder and smells like breaking up with high school/college relationships, friendly or otherwise. Nate Emmens still pachoulis his way into my memories sometimes. It's hard to let some of those ones go.

11:18 AM  
Blogger matt said...

i accredit myself for the pachouli craze thank you...oh the youth group days ...

11:55 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Dude, you should read 1491. The author is Charles C. Mann. Its about the Americas, pre-Columbus. A lot of cool anecdotes, not a lot of fossil-poop. And the Clovis dudes are in there, too. Seriously.

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home