Friday, November 03, 2006

I'm certainly not pleased with my options


Well, tonight I read my long poem at Casa Libre (see link to right), and it was weird. I haven't really ever put into words exactly why I'm trying to write this poem, but it's kind of coming from an emotional (suprise!) place, I guess. While I was kind of introducing what I thought the poem was about it just kind of occured to me how little I've dealt with JJ and our history. So, before I even had a chance to hit them with the poem, I was hitting them with the ultra-emo introduction to the poem, which, for tonight, was called, A Portable Model of How Memory Works. For you non-Joan of Arc fags out there, that's basically me ripping off the title of their first concept album(s) and calling it my own. I think it's ok to rip that crap, and it's almost definately working for the poem, etc. So I actually think the reading went ok or whatever. I mean, I didn't kill myself or anything, and that's supposed to be a good sign, right?
I have recorded the reading of the poem, so if I can figure out how to post it or send it to anyone who may want a copy, I'll do that. If you're really interested, I'll email you a copy of the poem with a cd of my reading it, if you want. It's just under fifteen minutes on iTunes, etc. Spellcheck is gone again--sorry. --j

4 Comments:

Blogger la gloria, la gloria, la gloria said...

I would have liked to go to that. Glad you didn't kill anything, but slayed none-the-less. Bring me a hard copie if you can, and, if I may, the audio as well. I'll buy you a drink, and we'll toast to it, or whatever.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

1 week. Bring a copy with you, as always I would love to read it.

Holla

11:07 AM  
Blogger Joseph Mains said...

done, and done.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

I would love to hear it, man. email it to me, if thats cool of course, to: mrkleane@hotmail.com

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home